Media outreach for industry contracts
- The UCSC name, logo and brand cannot be used to promote or endorse a for-profit organization or commercial product, per restrictions from the UC Board of Regents. However, the UCSC Communications Office can announce collaborations and will work closely with industry partners to ensure that the Board of Regents’ guidelines are met.
- All requests for such announcements must be made to UCSC University Relations as early as possible and at least one month in advance of the expected announcement.
- UCSC University Relations will lead any publicity of this agreement in collaboration with the company’s communications office.
- Quotes from the UCSC Chancellor and other top leadership will only be provided for releases issued by UCSC on significant partnerships that are a clear priority for the University.
- UCSC logo and brand can only be used on releases written or approved in advance by UCSC University Relations.
If UCSC chooses not to announce this agreement, the company may announce it, with the following guidelines:
- The UCSC Communications Office must be notified of any such releases at least two weeks in advance of the announcement.
- All mentions of UCSC, its faculty or science, for purposes of media outreach or marketing must be reviewed by UCSC University Relations no less than one week in advance of its release.
- No quotes may be included from UCSC leadership.
- UCSC reserves the right to refuse the use of the UCSC name in these announcements.