one word, spell out; do not use “%” except in a table or chart.
phone number formats for U.S. numbers:
(212) 727-2074. Use a hyphen, not an en dash.
place and regional names:
Capitalize full names of specific places and recognized regions. Do not capitalize if the reference is to a more general area. Examples:
- Central Coast
- Southern, Northern, and Central California
- East Coast, West Coast (but eastern U.S.)
- Monterey Bay Area, San Francisco Bay Area
- Salinas Valley Sacramento Valley, San Joaquin Valley, Central Valley
Related lowercase uses include: central Africa, western Asia, eastern Nevada.